I’ve been a social media manager for almost a year now and it’s truly my dream job! I currently do social media for two clients and will be taking on a third very soon so I’m super busy and have a ton to keep track of. Today I wanted to share my favorite tools I use for social media management; both digital and nondigital!
- Social Media Scheduling Platforms: I’m sure you’ve probably heard of these already. Platforms like Buffer, Hootesuite, Coschedule, Tailwind, etc. can be used to schedule posts for multiple social media platforms. I personally use Buffer to schedule Instagram posts and schedule Facebook posts right on the Facebook page. All of these platforms offer different things, so I would do a little research and pick the one that is right for you!
- Adobe Lightroom: I use Lightroom multiple times a day. This is truly one of my key tools! I use this to edit all of the photos I take. I use Photoshop occasionally too! Both of those combined are only $10 a month, and it’s so worth it!
- Planner: A planner is an obvious must-have, but I chose The Happy Planner line for one reason: customization. This line allows you to add in whatever extras you may need, and that has made all the difference with managing multiple accounts! I currently use a classic size Happy Planner and a mini Happy Planner, and I’ve purchased several social media related inserts to add to my planners. I will do a flip through of my personal and work planners soon!
- Canva: Canva is my go-to for all things social media; for blogging, YouTube, and my job! I use Canva Pro and it enables me to keep all of my colors, logos, fonts, templates, etc. all in one place! This makes it super easy to create graphics for work!
- Camera/Phone: Having a phone with a great camera or a camera that is small and portable is a must-have for me! I do everything on the go, and carrying a huge camera around just isn’t ideal. I have a Sony NEX-5TL that I’ve used for years and an iPhone X. Both of these are perfect for the type of social media work I do!
- All Things Google: Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc. I use Google to my advantage when it comes to social media management! I use Google Docs to plan projects, Google Sheets to keep track of sooo many different stats, the calendar to plan content, and so much more!
- Stylus Pens: This may seem a little weird, but if you’re on your phone a ton editing pictures, on social media, etc. you need these! It makes it so easy to edit photos fast, and makes it much easier to do things like draw/move things around on Instagram stories! I bought a ten pack from Amazon and I keep them everywhere: at home, in my bag, at work. They’re a must!
What are your favorite tools for social media or blogging?