Last week I had the opportunity to meet with Lorin, the creator of MISSIO Hair. She invited my sister and I to come hang out and learn more about MISSIO, the products, and why the company is so special! We grabbed a coffee at Bespoke Outpost and spent an hour and a half with this sweet soul!
MISSIO is a stylist-designed hair product company that was launched in 2017. Lorin and her husband Kyle use MISSIO to help fight human trafficking through salon-tested products. They educate salons and stylists in victim identification and give to several non-profit partners along the way.
Aside from all of the amazing things this company does for human trafficking and more, their products are amazing! All of their products are safe to use on color-treated and chemically treated hair, are full of antioxidant-rich extracts, vitamins, and healthy proteins, and have never been tested on animals! Their hair products also smell amazing… so amazing that they turned the scents into candles!
As we chatted about all things MISSIO, Lorin styled our hair! She did a gorgeous fishtail braid with some curls on my hair, and I LOVED it! She used several MISSIO products on my hair to give it a textured, undone look. The face-framing curls were the perfect finishing touch.
I ended up taking several products home:
- Texture Paste: This is a medium hold, matte finish texture paste. I had to grab this because I know my husband and I will both use it a lot! He used it over the weekend and absolutely loved it!
- Coconut Cleansing Powder Dry Shampoo: Their dry shampoo is all-natural and aerosol free, and can be used on light and dark hair without adding a white cast. It is also great for adding texture and lift to your hair!
- Glossing Conditioner: They have a lightweight conditioner as well as a luxe version. She recommended the luxe version for me because I only wash my hair every 4 days. You can use this product as a conditioner, a leave-in conditioner, or a hair mask!
- Styling Cream: This was a must-have for my long hair! I plan to use this as a blog dry cream to help with frizz and styling! My sister bought this as well and uses it as a leave-in curl cream to help give her hair a beachy wave!
- Styling Spray: My sister and I both had to have this as well! You can use this on wet or dry hair, to add volume and fullness, to scrunch hair, as a thermal protectant, and more! This is the perfect all-around styling product, and gave my hair texture and hold without feeling heavy and stiff!
Shop all of their products, product bundles, t-shirts, candles, and more here!
More about missio hair:
- They do not test on animals.
- At least 30% of profits go to fighting human trafficking. Read more about that here and about their non-profit partners here!
- Their products are manufactured in the US and their candles are hand-poured at their headquarters in Wilmington, NC!
- You can buy their products online or at one of their retailers. Any stylist/salon can apply to become a retailer!
I can’t wait to go back to the MISSIO Hair headquarters soon! I’m so grateful for people like Lorin who make a difference in this world in such a unique and beautiful way!