Its only a few days away from fall aka my favorite season of the year! Everything about this season makes me happy: the leaves falling, the crisp air, the glittery sweaters (yes glitter, I love me some glam even on my sweaters), and deep tones. As a lover of all things seasonal, I always do certain tasks to prep myself and my surroundings for a new season or holiday. Heres how I prepare for fall every year:
1. I switch things up at my vanity. I trade all of my bright pink lipstick and coral blush for deeper tones. I’m going to be honest, this usually takes me around 3 hours to do because I swatch every single makeup product I own in the process.
2. I change up my planner cover and stationary. I have planner covers for every season, including around 10 floral ones. I also have stationary for each season as well. I have a full drawer of sticky notes and notepads. This is a judgement free zone here!
3. I change up my coffee corner. I go hard with seasonal stuff, so even my coffee and coffee syrups get changed up! Right now I’m sipping on a creme brûlée coffee, and it’s fantastic! Next in line is a hazelnut coffee and some toasted marshmallow syrup for hot chocolate. I go all out with my coffee y’all!
4. I buy tons of bath products. Bubble bath, bath bombs, oils, etc. I stock up! I take baths weekly throughout the year, but during the colder months I take one every other day (sometimes more). There are few things I enjoy more than a hot bath on a cold night. My favorite bath product lines are Lush and Dr Teals.
5. I put up string lights, well, more string lights. I love cozying up on the couch and working on my computer or watching some tv with nothing on but string lights.
6. I break out the fall candles! If you’ve been with me for a while then you know I love fall scents. I have a whole cabinet full of candles. It’s officially fall in our home when Pumpkin Pecan Waffles from Bath and Body Works is burning in our living room.
7. I pull out the heater, heated blanket, and robes. All of my people out there who are always freezing will feel me on this one! Although I love the cool air, it gets pretty chilly at night. So, these three are staples for me during fall and winter!
8. I buy my fur baby Riley some new goodies! Husband: “Does she really need a sweater and that pumpkin chew toy that she’s going to destroy in 5 minutes?” Me: “Yes, yes she does!”
9. I bake, and bake a lot! During the warmer months I’m all about anything fruit. However, fall brings out the Betty Crocker side of me. Cookies, muffins, cakes, brownies, etc. Theres always something sweet sitting out on our counter!
10. Two words: crock pot! I’m a huge foodie, and I love fixing soups and chili among other things in my crock pot during this time of year. My grandmothers homemade beef stew recipe is a regular in our household during the fall (I could live off of that stuff)!
What do you do to prepare for fall?