Goodbye 2017 + My Goals For 2018
Since I relaunched Miss Hope Elizabeth back in September I’ve wanted to start sharing more personal posts, but I didn’t know how to and honestly still don’t, but I’ll just learn as I go.
2017 has probably been one of the roughest years of my life. I’m not going to go into to many details, but lets just say a little bit of everything hit me this year. Family issues, financial struggles, anxiety… it just seems like its been one thing after another. Because of this I’m very glad to see 2017 go even though it has taught me a lot.
2017 also was the best year of my life. I married the love of my life on our 5th anniversary in June, my rescue pup Riley turned 1 and we had her a little party to celebrate, my husband and I both figured out what we wanted to do career wise, and I started Honeysuckle Brides; my other blog that I absolutely love and have met so many amazing people through!
I have big plans for 2018, and want to make it the best year yet! I’ll be 25 this coming year, I’m going back to school, I’ll be celebrating my one year anniversary with my husband, and more! I’m beyond thankful for the promises of a better future even though we’re going through tough times right now.Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. -Proverbs 3:5-6 Click To Tweet
Goals for 2018
- Finish School: The classes I previously mentioned are for my real estate certification. I’ve always been the type of person who never knew what they wanted to do. Being that way takes a toll on you, because I always feel like everyone is moving forward while I’m standing still. Things always work out if you have faith though. In November I ended up meeting with someone lookin for real estate agents and had a long talk with him, and decided that this is the path I want to be on right now. I even have a job lined up with a company already! This is the first time I’ve actually been excited to take classes, and I’m so excited to see how everything turns out!
- Blog More: I’ve done YouTube and blogging on and off for quite some time (mostly YouTube), and I want to improve as a blogger. I’ve already started posting regularly and trying to up my photo game, and I want to continue that and more in 2018. I have a ton of plans for my blog and social media for the new year, and I can’t wait to get started!
- YouTube Refresh: When I say that I mean I want to refresh the type of content I post. Along with beauty I want to post more organization and lifestyle posts. I love the ones I have done so far, and I can’t wait to get started on my to-film list soon!
- Travel More: I’ve done a few things this year, but definitely not as much as I want. In 2018 I would love to knock a couple of things off of my life list, take more trips to the lake and to the park with my family and pup, visit more local places with my sister (and blog about them!), take some trips out of town with my husband, and more! I just want to be out of the house more in general this coming year.
- Gratitude Journal/Bible Study Daily: I already do this quite a bit, but sometimes I let it slip my mind for a couple of days at a time. I would love to get in the habit of doing it on a daily basis because it really helps me focus my mind and maintain a grateful heart. If you would like me to do a post on the things I use for journaling and bible study let me know!
- Read More: I love reading, but I definitely didn’t get to do a ton of it during 2017. I have a list of books in my phone that I’m dying to read, and I can’t wait to burn through them this year!
- Start Saving For A House/Pay Off Credit Cards: Building our savings back up is a huge goal for us, and we would love to start saving for a house soon! Our main focus for the beginning of 2018 is paying off the rest of our credit card debt. That will get rid of several bills and make it easier to build our savings!
- Try New Things: Foods, fashion trends, etc. I just want to try a ton of new things this year! I love routine, so this one will be kind of hard for me.
I’m sure I’ll add more to my goals for 2018 soon, but for me this is a pretty good place to start! I’m so excited for the new year and I can’t wait to see all of the amazing things this year has in store! Have you set any goals for 2018? Share them down below!